Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Day at Work

For my BILLIONS of readers out there, I want to tell you how the first day of my job went.
The place is called TruColour, it's near After Four at Rubber Road. It prints stuff such as banners, name cards, wedding invitations , etc.The shop is supposed to be open at 8.30 am. I left home at 8.11, my grandmother picked me up. I thought I was going to be late. I had to wait for the chicken to finish frying because the CHICKEN MUST BE FRIED. Universal law. I arrived at 8.37 thinking I was late. Shop's still closed. Jun (the guy who already works there, arrived 5 minutes later).
"Lu mau apa?" (What do you want?)
"Kerja"  (Work)
xD   (Lol)
He didn't know I was coming. So I went in. Slightly feverish, and I had a running nose. Bad way to start a first day.
I will be considerate with readers who have ADD, and give you pictures.

One of the first ones I helped printed. This one was 5ftx3.45ft I think.
 You guys know mirage? If you're from Merdeka Palace, and you're on your way to Hills/Parkson and you use the road that goes uphill, you'll pass this place, I think. Or will you past the place when you're going downhill from Parkson going to Medan Pelita?
 The program that handles the machine is in Chinese. Guess I'm going to have to learn some characters starting now. I got the necessary buttons memorized though.
 The program that runs the actual machine.
 The machine. Made in .... China. 3 months old. Just like your future baby if you have unprotected sex, a little noisy, but a whole lot stinky!
 The image for Mirage's banner. I think it was open a LONG time ago. I guess they're just re-emphasizing on the fact. Business is slow eh?

 My boss got me a gas mask before noon. He bought two, I chose the green one. The black one smelled awful somehow!
 How many of you know Bombay Masala? It's a decent food place. I say " Bombay Spice" and thought that since it was related to Bombay Masala , it should be nice too. It was , but so was the price. First and only time I'm eating an RM10 meal for lunch. Takes up nearly half on my pay for the day. So even if it wasn't marvelously delicious, I'd like to think so. Money is spent. Why hate on the spilled milk when you can lick it off the ground and pretend it's ow so yummy?
 I should get 10 sen everytime I see this name. I can eat at Bombay Spice more often.

 Tell me if you spot this sign.
 Customer's name was written as "Apek".
 Mah workstation. Notice the invisible chair.
 The shop has its own copier which looks pretty sweet.
 The printing machine from nearly the other end of the room. It can print up to 10 feet wide banner, 60 feet long.
 I read this book while waiting for the printer to...print. Some skinny anorexic girl that's good at finding things out. Haven't reached very far yet.

I like my job a lot. The boss is nice. The young-boss is nice. The boss's wife a.k.a the young-boss's mother is nice. It's also an upgrade from my spraying-calculator days. The machine isn't too noisy, but noisy enough that I can beatbox and not have people wondering bout the noise. It does smell intoxicating a little, but I have my gas mask , and my beatboxing sounds different with it on. Different is cool.
Oh, the last hour, printed 2 8ftx30ft banners. I get 2 sen commission for every square feet that i printed.
MATHS TIME.
8x30x2= 480 squared feet
480xRM0.02 = RM9.60

It actually only takes 45 minute for a banner that large, but there were a few glitches. RM 9.60 in an hour is already sweet. But the shop isn't always busy. I hope it will always be though!

PEACE OUT!
thanks for reading bebe

No comments:

Post a Comment